Pages

.

Monday, March 9, 2015

3-9-15 This is the Tired-est Me I've Ever Been, Convo Class, and #Thanks11

4:30 PM    Okay, that tagline might be an exaggeration, but I'm really quite deflated.

It turns out, not only do I have 4 classes back-to-back on Monday (Most I've ever had before was 3 back-to-back and THAT felt like running sprints), I have the 2 Convo Classes immediately after lunch.

That means I have 6 classes on Monday, with only a 1-hour lunch to break up the constant throb of engaging attention and eliciting responses.

I do love my job and I had a reaaaaally good day, but I'll have to make sure I get super-extra-more sleep on Sunday nights to prepare for this marathon. In fact, I think I'm going to nap in a few minutes.

NG has gotten his light fixed, and we got to talk about last Friday's staff meeting. Last year, I was always asking what went on in the staff meetings because I wasn't invited and I wondered how things were decided at our school. My curiosity is over--these meetings are very dry and last for a whole hour, during which you have to sit very still. NG says he usually falls asleep, and suggests that I bring a book to read during the next meeting, to avoid the same fate.

Today, a 3rd-grade Chanhee who had always been hard for me to teach (he was in the Giant Class), was really grand in class. A good talker, full of ideas and responses.

Sehong touches my arm every time he walks by, which habit I think he got from me. Because I tend to squeeze elbows or tap shoulders as I walk past.

Another Chanhee, 2nd-grade Neighborhood Chanhee (so called because he lives near me and I see him all the time), was grand in Convo Class. He's C-level, but he's fun and charming and tries so hard.

Baby 1st-graders are getting brave. Introductions and love confessions are happening, usually at the same time. Some of these kids are literally small enough to fit into my backpack.


Here be the Thank List!

131. Sparkly blue shirt as part of the day's ensemble.
132. Not having to wear a  scarf this morning because it's pleasant-cold not painful-cold.
133. The dizzy-but-accomplished feeling of having taught 4 classes back-to-back. Didn't know I could do that.
134. The enthusiasm of the new 1st-graders, their jumpy, snappy joy.
135. The face of Jeongheon, a 3rd grader who smiles like an angel and who brightened my morning.
136. Mystery meat patties at lunch. You may be chicken, you may be shrimp, you may be possum, but you are most certainly comforting to me.
137. Meeting Proposal Heejoon's baby brother in the 1st grade. Same daaaarling eyes and ears.
138. Rough wild howling outside, literally rattling the windows, with me safe inside.
139. New highly-likables in my Convo Class.  I'm pretty sure they transferred from another school because I don't recall them from last year.
140. Kids in the hallways, giggling over inside jokes.

 ------------------------------------