Pages

.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

3-10-15 Thunderous Applause and #Thanks12

7 PM:   Back home and feeling not too shabby. Today was not so tiring and the kids keep getting impossibly sweeter.




8:30 AM

Whew, I'm still feeling the sleepies. Yesterday, I took a nap at 5:30, then went to bed again at 10, and I didn't exercise and still it wasn't enough rest.

It's also super super chilly this morning. I wrapped up way more than yesterday and still feel the gale force intensity of it. But now I'm in the nice safe office.

Today's not so bad--just for classes with my much-loved 2nd graders, and tomorrow there's only one class! I ought to be well and truly recovered after tonight, I should think. And I need to regroup for the weekend, if I can--get ready to going on the Seoul shopping expedition I had put off.

"March comes in like a lion what else? Still the snow never melts. you're about to forget the whole thing. All at once, one day it's spring."


11 AM:

Had the cutest class ever with 1st grade. So far, the 1st-graders have been quite enthused to see me for the first time, but they've been less moonpie-in-the-sky crazy about me than their counterparts from last year. That might be about to change.

First grade class 5, SY's homeroom, were loud and chipper. They went fully banana sandwich when I entered the class and erupted several times throughout. Deafening applause when I wrote my name on the board in Korean. Further applause when it was discovered that I could actually speak and understand quite a bit of their language.

Near the end of the class, several of them tentatively asked me a question about future classes. I wasn't exactly sure what they wanted to know, or why five of the loudest kids in the class suddenly looked timid and careful. SG figured out that they wanted to know if I was teaching A-levels next week.

As soon as they learned that I am, they had a collective meltdown. Their cries of joy were so loud, I jumped back. It's going to be a fun ride with these little ones.

Met Yunho in the hallway. He held my arm and wouldn't let me go for a couple seconds, stopping my progress down the hall, just to show he could. Yes verily, Yunho, you are so big and so strong, how could we ever have doubted it.

Also, saw Clever-Sunwoo, my graduated student, on the walk to school this morning! So nice.


4:20  PM

Had a great last two classes. Second-graders in class 3 and class 5. And for the future I'll know that little Hansen in 5 will go Looney-Tunes crazy if he's not receiving attention at all times.

I really like Hansem, though. We were late in bonding last year because I didn't realize he WANTED to bond. Also I've got Jeonghwan in the class, wearer of braces, shouter of compliments, and general sweetie pie.

Thank List:


 141.  Sungjae, one of our special needs students, giving me a hug this morning.
142. Hair that tucks behind my ears. It's light enough now to do that.
143. Giving and receiving support with JY--Monday is my hard day and Tuesday is hers, but we both understand the other's hardships and react  accordingly.
144. Long sweater and leggings combo,  makes me feel very 60's while wearing it. And also kind of like a Charlie Brown character for some reason.
145. Warm body, cool face.
146.Practicing lyrics for a new song to sing at noraebang.
147. Still having the red cloth rose given to me by Minjoonie at graduation. Reminder of much-adored kids.
148. Nails almost long enough to get done again. Looking forward to it and considering patterns.
149.  Ddeok, fresh cakes of it waiting on the table in the big office. There are 20 varieties of ddeok, and all of them are filling. 
150. God's word, which I don't fully appreciate yet, but I want to. I warmth to know more.


Signing off! And tomorrow as always, I will make it my mission to: