Pages

.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3-18-15 #Thanks18

201. Emailing my tutor, who is moving away, with a million nonsensical Korean questions, knowing she'll know exactly what I mean.
202. Cute little self-made bookmark, from an aquarium brochure, cut into the shape of a seal.
203.  Cool rainy morning with just a nice inbetween amount of wind. In the words of Percy Shelly, oh wind if winter comes can spring be far behind?
204. Navy and white polka dot dress, layered under a maroon sweater, neat as can be.
205. My sweet 2ndChanhee, yelling a greeting so I would come look at his hurt foot.
206. Rows of perfectly ordered desks
207. Looking forward to the Saturday classes and what I'll do with the advanced kids.
208. 1st-grades happily staring at me through the glass of the English room door. For behold, I am exciting and rare, like an albino squirrel.
209. Laughing with 3rd graders over little things.
210. Knowing the truth of salvation, that I've been saved and that I'm always loved.



11:30 AM   First class went fine. 3rd graders were charming and funny, and they think I'M funny, because most of them have never had me in class before, though I was excited to see several of my B-levels from last year moved up to where I am.

My awesome Hyunshik kept telling me, "eoryeowo..." "It's hard..." because honestly, being A-level can be a pain. The work is harder. But I alleviated it by playing them the Chronicles of Narnia at the end, a chance for all of us to kick back and have more fun.

The 1st-graders across the hall from the English room (class10) are officially getting proactive in regards to making my acquaintance. Earlier this morning, one of them named Ruk came into the room while I was talking to Jeongminnie. he introduced himself and smiled a lot, then after my last class left, he came back by again.

Ruk mainly wanted to ask how I spelled my name and to deliver a love confession in Korean. It was very respectful and nicely-worded, so I was impressed.  We left the classroom and as I was locking up, I heard Ruk's tiny-tiny compatriots in class 10 demand a progress report from him. "You didn't even get a kiss?" asked one child, who was almost small enough to fit in my backpack. I had no idea such things were even being dreamt of. What DOES run through the brain of a 1st grader?


12:30 PM    Hyo came by after lunch, to watch a movie with me, but I had to send him off with just some candy because I'm not really set up for having students visit.

Yunho is now almost-blocking me in the hallway. He walks up and parks himself like he's not going to move, them dances out of the way right before I have to push him. I remember back when he was little baby Governor Yunho in 1st grade, so small and bossy. He was a doll in class 9, with Deokrong and Criminal Beomjoon and Woohyuk and Laryngitis Seonghoon. How much they grow. 


3:15 PM. Had another good 3rd grade class. 3-1,3-2 were wonderful, very chant and jokey. Just my style. Happy times!
----------------------------------------