Pages

.

Monday, April 28, 2014

4-29-14 Midtermy Wermy

11:50 AM  Going well on midterms day. I'm on the wrong computer for lesson-planning, but I've gotten to do a lot of language study and that's right good.

My Question-Time boys have been improving my vocabulary. Twin-Seungho asked how much I weighed, and I didn't know the word he was saying. It's 몸무게 (mo-moo-gae), and I laughed and told them it wasn't a good question to ask a lady. Minjoon asked how big my house was in America and what kind of animals lived in my home country. Minjoonie is smart. It kills be that he dropped to B-ban this year, because he's got a sweet heart and a good brain for learning.

Shorter-Giseok has no English, but Minjoon walked him through the question-asking procedure. Then Blackhair-Seonghyun from my last year's afterschool and from last year's lunchtime games came in and made one of his questions 'do you want to build a snowman?' I laughed like it was the first time I heard that joke, then he went around the office telling the other teachers how witty he'd been. It was darling.

Afterschool Changho and Coffee-Seonwoo (a 1st-grader, not my 3rd-grader Clever Seonwoo) met me in the hallway to tell me about their tests and how things are going. I gave them chocolate, then scooted them along their way. I think we have no more tests after lunchtime.

-------------------------------