Pages

.

Monday, April 21, 2014

4-22-14 In Which I Get Way Too Angry at BY

11 AM   Great morning!

But BY found my Facebook. Or he said he did--I don't know what to believe from him anymore. Yesterday, BY told me he'd found my Facebook account, then he said he was lying and he hadn't looked for it, he'd just told me that in order to see what my reaction would be.

I told him that I love the kids at our school, but I'd like to be left alone on Facebook. I see the students everywhere I go, and plenty of them have my number and can Katok-message me whenever they like (which is rarely). But all told, I'd like to have some space that's child free.

Today, he said he'd really looked up my profile and saw where I'd written about him. I was shocked, because my settings are supposed to be super-private.

Then it hit me--this was an experiment, too. My settings are still private--he was just fishing to see if I had in fact ever written about him.

I'm so angry with him. If he did read my account by some quirk of online programming, that's bad because I outright told him not to, if (more likely) he just lied about everything, I'm mad because he's being manipulative again. Ugh.

Still love the kid, but I'm so very tired of BY's little social experiments. People do not want to be experimented on, you idiot. I even changed my poss to start calling him "BY" instead of his full name in case he looks up this blog.


On happier notes, I got my package of Easter chocolate from Mom!

And my 2nd-graders with SG2 were wonderful. I love little Yeonghan and all the others. Duck-Subin did a smile and a little victory dance.when I told him his pronunciation was good, and he used to cringe away from me and hide his head in his coat when I came by. Progress.
-------------------------------------


2 PM: Ha, Twin-Seungho put something cold on my hand and it was a baby snail! Then he opened up his pencil case and showed me a few lettuce leaves nestled inside, with a dozen teeny-tiny 3-millimeter-long snails. Ahh, so darling.

A-Minwoo tapped the antenna of my snail with his finger, which made the antenna disappear for a while, and I was mad because I thought he had damaged the snail, but then the antenna appeared again. It just sprung back into place and Seungho said, "Stress, Teacher. Stress." The trauma of the moment made the antenna disappear, but then it got better.

Lunchtime Games were good. Hyunho was in the office when I came back, talking to B-Teacher of all people. Hyunho's just awesome, to be working on conversating at all times. Improve that English and those people skills, child. Both will carry you far.

But during the Lunchtime Games, Hyunho accused Jeongmin of being a pervert and Jeongmin said he was lying and I had to tell them both to cut it out because their petty arguments aren't good for them. Hyunho just stews in his resentment for Jeongmin sometimes, and that concerns me.

Hyo came and sat with me. Afro-Jiwoong came and I showed him how to play UNO.

BY came by my office and I told him I was angry. I didn't know if he disobeyed my wishes or if he lied--turns out, he did both. He snooped out what he could see of my profile--like my favorite books and my friends list--but couldn't see the posts.

I told him I didn't like his lying, and that I was also upset that he'd look me up when I told him not to. I turned my chair away from him and just stopped talking. I'm not upset any more, and I'm done with my own childish little displays of hurt feelings. I'll forgive him.
--------------------------------------