Pages

.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

4-21-14 2nd-Grade Good

12:00 PM:    Gooood morning! I can't believe how well my early classes of 2nd-graders went. The one with SG2 was calm and sleepy but we did get a bit done, and I got good dialogues out of Soonhyuk and Jeongkyo (who lives in my neighborhood and who I saw yesterday), as well as Yeonwoo and Geonhong.

I'm really trying to keep connected with Soonhyuk, because he's my kid. I want him engaged, talkative and feeling like he's capable of big things. And Jeongkyo's a smarty who just needs very little nudging to be amazing. I intentionally spent a little extra time with them on their activity because I knew they could do it and get the candy reward, too.

The next class was even better. 2-3, 2-4 were little dolls and we had fun. They almost all tried to do the dialogue and Soonwoo, Dongha, and Yeonghan actually accomplished it. Hyunho tried to talk to me through the whole entire class, though. It was great because he's my little guy and I adore him, and also great because he's trying so hard to use English. But on the other hand, he takes my attention away from the other kids.

Kyeongwon noticed this, and with Dongha's help, he translated that Hyunho wants all eyes on him--Hyunho craves the interest of others. I had fun jokes with Seungyeop who when I asked if he had a "Yeongpil"(pencil), he said "No, he's Sangpil," pointing to his partner. I about died laughing at the pun. The kids were active, and I got in more conversation with NG-Teacher, so it was just a happy morning for everybody.

My 3rd-grade boys have been hilarious in their requests for trail mix this morning. JY-Teacher said that Jiwoong had to answer harder questions because he wants to go to the special international high school.
-----------