Pages

.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

11-21-14 Test Preparations

11:50 AM

I should write since I'll be busy through Sunday. My teacher orientation roommate (with whom I vacationed in Busan in May and Jeju in September) will be with me in Seoul this weekend. We're going to wander around, get pedicures, watch Mockingjay, etc etc. And Sunday morning I have my Korean language test.

I kinda don't want to go to my language test. No matter how much Korean I learn, I still feel like I'm behind and by now I'm quite gloomy about the prospect of getting a '2' on the test. A '1' is Basic Beginner, a 2 is High Beginner, and I keep banging my head against the listening section, though I ace the writing section.

But. I'm going to go anyway. I paid for the test, printed out my special admission ticket and everything. I should be set to go. I'm going to take it in two days and not bother myself with worry about this thing that I decided to do just for myself. There's no pressure because I don't need these scores for anything like job applications or college admissions--I just want to know.

Also this sort of experience is likely to help me sympathize with my boys more. I never had to sit for a foreign language exam and they have, so after this go-round with the Korean test, I'll fathom their world a bit better.

Read one of my poem's to BY, explaining to him what each line meant. Unsurprisingly, he really seemed to "get" it. He's a smartie pie.