Pages

.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

6-2-14 Might Have a Long Summer Break

10:20 AM

I might get all of summer vacay off to come home and help my Mommy with health-related things. JY-Teacher asked our principal if I could have the extra time and he said yes, just like that. O_O With my family moving 10 hours away from our home state, it's extra-important that I be there with my Mom when she goes through all this. Plus the four younger siblings will need me, and I miss them so hard lately.

My squishy little brothers and sisters with their sparkly eyes and crazy comments and their suppositions about how the world works. I miss, miss, miss.

In other news, I'm at the lowest weight of my adult life. But I still eat like a ravening carnivore, so I'm not starving--it's just a side effect of running 4 miles a day. A side effect that allows me to buy more cute dresses! It's the opposite of a vicious cycle; exercise leads to pretty clothes leads to exercise leads to eating all I want.

SG2 and I had a grand conversation in class this morning while I played the boys a movie. She and I have similar personalities, so we can chat blithely for long periods of time. I didn't even chat with the boys because we were having such a good time.

Seungshik, one of the 3rd-graders, told me he'd seen me shopping in Myeongdong (Seoul) on Saturday. I can't even go to a city 90 minutes away without seeing our kids. But that's okay because I like 'em.

H-Sol came by to lesson plan with me for our open class next week. I think it'll go okay--she and I came up with something we think we can both be happy with. Score!

C-Jeongmin came by my desk to give me a packet of gummi bears. Love that kid. Bitty Baby Seongjik taught me how to properly say "what was the last movie you saw?" in Korean.

---------------------------------------------------------