Pages

.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

6-23-14 Beomjoon, Worried for SG2, and Smooth Donggu

10:00 AM   Had an excellent class with 2-1, 2-2. My Beomjoon stayed awake for the entire thing. Not only that, he was so insistent on watching a few more minutes of The Hunger Games, he begged for them. I told him that if he memorized his speaking part perfectly, we would.

Then for the first time ever in the history of Beomjoon, he flawlessly memorized his English-speaking piece. He kept smiling at me while his partner did the other half of the speaking lines, because Beomjoon knew. He knew. His abilities had won his class a movie.

At the end, he also played 5 minutes of the Where-Do-You-Find it game and won. Because he knew more answers than anyone but Soonhyuk. It was divine. My boy, the genuis. All this from a kid who I had to go over to every class period and lift his elbow just to tuck the English script under it, because he keeps his head down and pretends to sleep.


My family's all in Texas, thank the Lord. I was so so so worried about my Mom. Her health and her feelings are so important to me, and this undertaking has been monumental for her--basically 4 months without Dad, managing selling a house and buying a new one and moving four kids halfway across America. But she's safe. She's with Daddy and she's not raising the little ones alone anymore. *mentally hugs mommy*

My poor sweet SG2 fell down some stairs yesterday and today she's walking slowly. She has no visible bruises, but she's moving like she's 80 years old and she was in the hospital yesterday. Further proof that none of us take sick days, basically ever. I've taken 2 days in 10 months, and those were because I was physically incapable of setting foot outside my door.

Went to Seoul on Saturday and Sunday and got cuuuute dresses. This is a huge, ginormous deal and worthy of celebrating. Then I came home and went for a run and worked, worked, worked on stuff for my kids. It's gone well so far.
-----------------------------------------

12 PM:  2-3, 2-4 went great. They only sorta-learn their speaking parts, but they're all my little dears and we have a good time together.

During the game at the end, I kept disqualifying Yeonghan because he was getting the answers from NG, and I kept trying to coax answers out of Yeonghyun, who could always think of the right word in Korean, but never in English. Yeonghyun concluded a particularly epic fail-to-recall-the-word session by saying he was going to commit suicide. It was said in such a  dramatic fashion, I burst out laughing.

My Donggu was the clear winner, with 5 correct answers. This is the same kid who, during his speaking practice, when asked "What should I bring to the field trip?" answered while looking at me, "Don't forget to bring my heart." Dude. Donggu's getting so smooth lately.

I have a birthday present for Taegyoon all set up--an unused pack of UNO cards, commemorating his turning 16 yesterday. I forget how often Taegyoon makes me laugh when he comes in with Minjoonie.

Brought my personal laptop to school, so I'm getting some real work done inbetween classes. :-)

Got a huge smile and darling wave from William-Jiyoon in the hallway. My little guy.

Hyunho said his mom saw me on the street and told him I looked like a doll. It's a huge compliment here. I told him to tell his mom I said hi.
--------------------------------