Pages

.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

2-28-15 #Thanks2

5 PM:   And the thanks, they continue!

Today, I went to help with day-camp vacation bible school with the Yoochiboo (preschoolers). Best thing ever. Exhausting, but fun. And! When I walked home, I went past a convenience store just in time to see my graduated boys Youngminnie and Ikwan, who came out to greet me! Oh, they were sweet. I didn't know that Youngmin was going to a school further away, but he says he'll come and visit anyway. I do so hope he does.

Here's the next three days of the Thank List, things I love, which I recognize as gifts from God:


---------------------------

11. A warm drink cupped in the curled fingers of one hand; knowing it's there when I need it.
12. Scarves, or mufflers as they call them here, keeping the neck warm and the face cool in the wind; the feeling of security they give.
13. Cashew bites; salty and crunchy and just perfectly satisfying.
14. My hands and fingers, always holding, able to sense-perceive everything. form and function, feeling and containing.
15. Finding a pen you need, just when you need it.
16. This book I currently read; "1000 Gifts," this book with it's focus on gratitude and it's dare to receive God's love by receiving his gifts through thanks, through listing.
17. My Nexus 7, 2013 model, which has just enough power, which I fretted and feared was a waste of time and which has become a vessel to hold some very great delights for reading.
 18. Giant water bottles, 2 liters iced in the fridge, nearly unlimited refreshment.  2-26-15
19. High-quality earphones, letting me listen to music to keep me moving and motivated.
20. My new desk chair, deep and comfortable and shiny, much better for the back and the morale!

21. Getting my little red beta fish back, setting him back on his shelf after a few days apart.
22. A stomach full of warm soup, beef-flavored and reminiscent of grits, home-food.
23. A perfectly clean floor, wiped clear of every last crumb.
24. JY, dropping everything to come and drive me to the goodbye dinner for everyone.
25. My Lunch Coordinator, my school mom, saying goodbye and telling me to invite her to my wedding, even if it's in America.
26. Bright, pretty pink shoes. My sneakers, which trail after me everywhere, leaving a neon comet.
27. Katok, letting me send a million messages to my mom, plus pictures by the hundreds.
28.  Urban choreography videos with people moving like water down a windowpane. Gifts I appreciate in others.
29. Having enough time to wrap Yeseura's goodbye present in golden and iridescent paper. To show love.
30. Grilled meat,  the smell of it on the air before you even start to eat. 2-26-15

31. Scrambled eggs in the morning--ultimate breakfast food.
32. Pink hairdryer with high power settings. Dries and warms and gets the job done!
33. Chocolate oranges from mom, two sweet tastes together.
34. A picture of a duckling, which exactly illustrates my feelings.
35. Planning spring vacations in a mix of two languages. We shall tour just as the cherry blossoms open.
36. New oatmeal colored scarf, just as the old one was wearing out and needing to be retired.
37. Texts from friends, that sense of love when you know someone was thinking of you and wanting their evening to include you, specifically.
38. Knowing you can tell Mama anything, any dumb little thing and she'll listen like it's the most important thing she's heard.
39. Pictures of beautifully wrapped presents, just the sight of SOMEBODY putting in that kind of effort to make a gift look like a gift.
40. Giving a friend a gift of 5kg weights which I don't need anymore, knowing they will be used to make someone stronger and healthier, as they have made me. 2-27-15

 -----------------------------------------