Pages

.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

2-26-15 The Last Goodbye Dinner of the Semester

10 PM: And it's right good that it's over, because I couldn't handle any more crying.

I had heard 2 weeks ago that we were having a final hoo-rah dinner today, but nobody mentioned it again until Mr. B called me at 5:30. I'd been under the impression that we were having goodbye lunch today, so when nobody texted, I thought it was off.

Not so. I was in the middle of cleaning my apartment and I had to rush to change outfits and get my hair into shape. I wasn't the only one having to rush--JY-Teacher was sent to fetch me after she was already at the restaurant. Mr. B outranks JY, so apparently he can just order her to go pick me up. I felt bad about that, but she loves me, so it didn't end up being to much of a burden.

I had already eaten dinner, so I just sat with her at a table by ourselves and we chatted. I didn't get to say another goodbye to KBR, who left early, but I did get to give a freshly wrapped present and nice card to YSR. Luckily, KBR and YSR are going to the same school and they're besties, so it won't be too hard for them in a new place.

It will be hard for JY without them, though. She and I have decided that we're going to be extra-more-close with each other next year because our desks are now next to each other at the Big Downstairs Office (noooo! not the awesomest place! grahhh...) And SG1, a great friend of JY's, is actually coming back to our school when she had supposedly left, so that's good for us.

I also didn't know that my Lunch Co-ordinator--my School Mom--was leaving, When she came by our table to say bye, I was blindsided. At first I was just happy to see her, then when JY said she was moving to another school, I got all serious.

Now, I was ready to say farewell to KBR and YSR, and I had already mostly said my byes to them. I was prepared. But School Mom was another matter--she was always good to me, from day one and all throughout the last year and a half. I cried.

And when the tears come upon me, they often come in the following stages.

#1: Face goes slack/blank. Eyes widen. People observing are uncertain of what will happen next.


Might Be Sad, Might Be Contemplative--Hard to Tell.


#2. Eyes fill with tears. First true indication of what is to come.

Oh Boy, Those Tears  Are Almost CERTAINLY Going to Fall.


#3 Face completely crumples.

Defenses Have Been Overthrown. Countenance is Invaded By Sorrow.


#4. Tears fall and fall. Hands rise to hide face and wipe tears, fruitlessly. Heart is temporarily broken.
Oh. Ohhhhhhh. Ohh.


Anyhoo, I finally calmed down and we exchanged numbers. School-Mom told me I have to invite her to my wedding in the future, even if it's in America. I texted her to thank her for her sweetness and she texted back. I feel so blessed by having her in my life.

Before I left dinner, I got to tap NG's arm to exchange smiles and "byes," and I got to chat a little with Technology Teacher about his holiday, but because me and JY were late to dinner I didn't see anybody else. But it's my Thursday and I'll see everybody on Monday, anyways. Yay!


Also!!!! 

I went on a 4-day vacation in Seoul with Roommate. We had a grand time, went to a 4D movie where our seats rocked like a roller coaster and jets of air whoosed through our hair during the action scenes.

We went to a dog cafe where we played with puppies!

We shopped and I got 3 cute dresses.

We went to an aquarium and I saw manatees  for the first time. Also, there were seals and otters and penguins! And I think my favorite K-drama once filmed in this location.

I learned a lot about the art of thankfulness.

And we stayed in a lovely hotel in Gangnam!