Pages

.

Monday, September 29, 2014

9-30-14 2nd Day O' Midterms

11:15 AM

The banana bread is going considerably slower today. Only one pan gone and there are three more left, but I'll just pop them in the fridge.

Hyo came by much earlier than he usually does, all smiling. He finished one midterm and now has another coming up. I was so proud of him for looking so positive. His bandages from his bike wreck have come off, showing all kinds of deep white-pink scraped places on his face and hands. With all this evidence of how badly he was hurt, I just want to cuddle him, but I can't because he's got his pride.

HH came by to sigh tiredly about his exams. He never likes explaining why he's feeling bad, though he's got the vocabulary to do so. Most people like talking about their problems and wish that you would ask them more about them, but HH doesn't. He'll show that he's miserable, but he doesn't want to talk it out, just wants you to know he's feeling down.

JY-Teacher and I are gearing up to prepare a Halloween party for the Saturday English students, and we have an insane budget for it--I've just got to figure which kinds of games, snacks, decorations, crafts etc. will be best for them. I'm really jazzed about the possibility of planning the Halloween party.

Tomorrow is October, which along with November is my favorite month! Fall is in the air! Cute jackets, pumpkin lattes, and beautiful-colored leaves! I can't wait.

------------------------------------------------