Pages

.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

9-26-14 Papercookies and Boiled Pet Shrimp

11:30 AM  

Had a fine morning.  Woke up at 5 to make cookies, ruined like 60 of them because i added ingredients that made them stick to the paper, thus making them nothing I could take to school unless I wanted to feed the kids bits of baking paper. Not that they'd probably notice. But I would know that I was feeding the kids subpar papercookies. So.

But I wasn't let down. I learned stuff. I learned that you can't add copious amounts of sugar, milk and flour and have your cookies not stick. Maybe I should have greased the paper? Anyhoodle, I am rich in experience and I have a new story to tell.

This morning, I just let 2-3, 2-4 study, meanign I let them sit quietly reading manhwa. But Minsu and Sparkly Yeonghan kept sneakign out to chat with their buddies, so I'd just go stand in the hall with arms crossed, waiting with a mild frowny-face for them to waddle back to our room. SG2 was busy and had not come to class yet, so I was overseeing our little doodlebugs by myself, which wasn't that hard really.

I turned around in the hall and saw NG coming out of another classroom. We bowed and didn't say anything because we were too far away, and I followed Minsu back into our classroom. I was clearly not for-reals upset because I was calm, but the crossed arms signaled that the kids had done some mild thing they shouldn't.

To my surprise, NG came into the class (which is his homeroom class), apparently just to see if everything was cool. He sat in the back for just a minute, arms wrapped around Minjong, asking him questions. It was adorable. It was like he had come into class for the express purpose of hugging one of his kids. Dawww.

He left right after that, and SG2 arrived, looking exhausted. She worked until 9:30 last night, then had to catch the 40-min bus back to her home, then wake up early this morning to ride back. I tried my best to encourage her. Turns out, yesterday in 2-1, 2-2 class, my beloved Soonhyuk made her really angry. She wouldn't tell me what he said, but she said he was so rude to her, it made her mad for the rest of the day, and her 1st-graders worked overtime to make her smile.

I wrote her an encouraging note and left candy at her desk. She needs it. I'm so proud of her for all her hard work.

Minjoonie told me he bought a shrimp (saeyoo 새우). But "aquarium temperature too hot and he die. Saeyoo die." Poor baby accidentally boiled a cold-water shrimp by putting him in a tank with tropical fish. Rest in peace, shrimp.

Deokryong keeps coming by for snacks, as does Jeongmin. C-Jeongmin came by too, and Pepper-Dongmin.

BH's buddy Shion continues to be sweet to me, trying to make me laugh. Sujin told me I was beautiful and he meant it. BY says I know so much more about English than he does, which is sweet because he genuinely intends to give a good compliment, and also funny because like...yeah. Of course my English is good.
------------------------------------------------------