Pages

.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9-25-14 Questionable Cookies Are Our Favorite

9:15 AM    Score! I brought the questionable cookies I made to school, for the kids, and I even bought a few bottles of water and some cups because I didn't want the kids to choke when they ate them--they are right dry, truth be told.

But it wasn't just the kids that wanted some. My school mom, our lunch co-ordinator, ate one and then took 4 extra to give to other people. O_O

My Jaehee ate 3 himself, and Youngmin had one so there aren't too terribly many left for latecomers, but hey. I'm happy. And I can make more, now that I know how. And with my existing experience with making cookies, I can combat the fact that I'm cooking in Celcius and measuring in metric while reading instructions in Korean!

Youngmin asked me why I bought food for his friends on Tuesday night but didn't buy any for him. I told him it was because I saw his friends and I didn't see him. I said that when I see him, I'll get him goodies, too.

-----------------------------

10:30 AM:  Ha, the cookies are all gone. Didn't even make it past 2nd period before my second-graders polished them off. Mingyu grabbed 2 and Donggu grabbed 3, and that's all she wrote. I have to decide whether to attempt banana bread tonight, or to keep working on cookies, since I know I can produce at least decent results with them.

I really like being a person that bakes things. I like calling Donggu (with his broken arm) down to the office to eat some. I like watching Jaehee eat three in a row.  I wanted to give Minjoonie some, but they were all eaten by the time I ran into him. Dude.

2-1, 2-2 went fine. Beomjoon was feeling very playful and I had fun with him, though he told me I looked ugly. I just laughed because I know I'm not and  alsoI know he's just metaphorically pulling my pigtails. I played a game in class, since SG2 was there. The kids really liked it and I was pleased by how it went. Changhee wanted to know what the word "thin" meant. My Taehyun called me over to help him work on his vocabulary words, which was sweet.

----------------------------------------

11:40 AM:  I finished a listening test for the TOPIK exam. My brain is exhausted, completely. The test is in November, but man. It's going to be an uphill battle to learn this, isn't it? I still hope for the 2, but it's going to be fiercely difficult.

And my babies continue to be tiny stalkers. My Clever-Sunwoo came by the office with Minjoonie in tow, announcing loudly to me that he knew which apartment I lived in and giving Minjoon directions to it. I am right by the Samsung Plaza, so says Sunwoo. He saw me going home last night, but didn't call out to me or anything--just noted where I lived for future reference. Sunwoo-ya, you're weird.

Deokryong came by again to show me the 'sword' he's carving out of a tiny block of balsa wood, using an X-acto knife. This act is made more impressive by the fact that he's doing it one-handedly while his left arm's in a giant sling-wrap.

Jeongminnie's been doing nothing but studying. My boy really keeps his nose to the grindstone when big tests are coming up.
-----------------------------------------