Pages

.

Monday, July 14, 2014

7-15-14 Wooseok, Darling, and Tofu-Milk-Cucumber

1:45 PM  Wooseok came by after lunch today, to get candy and crackers and use my second computer to check his email and his online game stats. We no longer have to wonder if My-Wooseok knows that he can get the world on a silver platter if he asks me for it--he's fully aware. But it's all I can do not to gush over him like the precious, ornery teddy bear that he is. This kid.

Later, Hyo came by to finish watching Finding Nemo on my computer. Not sure why, considering that we're going to watch it in his class today and tomorrow, but I feel like my desk is a safe place for Hyo. He can pull up a chair by me, plug in my earphones, and rest a bit while I play games and chat with the older boys.

Introduced Scrabble to the fellas, and it's a rousing success, so far. Minjoon and Hojin teamed up to play against me and Jeongmin played as well. Interestingly, due to the way the tiles were drawn, Jeongmin scored much lower than Hojin, though he has much much more English than the latter.

Kids are catching on to my endearments. Today HH greeted me with, "Hello sweetheart, how are you doing today?" which is basically my exact greeting to most students. And a couple dozen 1st-graders are say8ing hi to me with, "Hi darling!" The cuteness around here ramped up to 5,000.

For lunch, we had some really good, expensive fish and veggies...and an unusual tofu-milk-cucumber-noodle-soup concoction with ice cubes in it. Yeah. You think for a moment that it's going to be alright, that you can just focus on the milk taste like it's a dessert, and then you hit a noodle. Then you decide to focus on the cucumber-noodle "meal" taste and you bite into an ice cube.


Food, Why You Gotta Be Like That?



It's called Kong-Guk-Su, and it looks deceptively normal.

My Version Did Not Contain a Boiled Egg and Cherry Tomato.
For All I Know, the Egg May be the Pièce de Résistance.

-----------------------------------