Pages

.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

5-29-14 Triple Niceness, Class Management, Youngmin

9:20 AM

Thursdays are my easy day, meaning no classes for the first two morning periods, so I'm chilling happily.

Big Class was good yesterday! I walked in the door and I didn't have to move the babies forward and re-arrange their desks because they had arranged themselves. My boys. My triple-class mini-monsters had moved up their own desks and never once attempted to scoot backward.

I could have hugged them. Also, there were fewer sleepers and they responded well to having their manhwa taken. And I've got more names now, so previous sleepers like Minjoon and Seunchan are guys I can joke with and tease while they doing speaking.

However, NG points out that speaking practice, as I make them do it now, it kind of mindless and too easy. He is right, but grrr. I had just figured this thing out. I had just gotten a format that worked, and now he thinks we should change it. But I'm so thankful to have someone who can see the problem, who can go, "No, the kids can do more than this. We can give them more and ask more of them."

We still don't know what we'll alter about it, but speaking practice for our little guys is about to get harder and better. And my classroom management is still going well. If I see a problem, I can move the kids around. Tell Hyungoon to get out of the window, tell Yooseok to sit down, tell Seungchan to get off his desk. And soon I shall have great things for them.

My warmpups are still great--the soccer videos and quizzes have really gone over well with the kids and they are all up in the World Cup facts.

Went downstairs to the special needs room to hang with Dohyun and Chanyeong. Taught Dohyun the English words for various fruits.
----------------------------------------

10:15 AM: Youngmin's trying to figure out where I live, specifically. He says he's going to stalk me, which is just too cute. Having Youngmin trotting around after me would be fun--he can do a lot with the amount of English he has. It's like he doesn't necessarily know more English than the other A-levels, but he knows how to negotiate the maximum amount of linguistic value from his existing vocab.

My Deokryeong came by. He's precious. Jeongmin came by as well and I'm working to appreciate him and not get annoyed--for some reason, he's been extra clingy lately. Can I have cookies, can I see your book, can I drink your drink, can we walk, can I play cards without you while you talk to the 3rd-graders, why do you like Hyunho, do you know that he's trouble, do you know that he broke things.

Hyunho's had problems, too. I walked in after lunch to find him in my chair, on my computer. This is not good, because I'm always working on Powerpoints, etc, and he could mess up my files. I told him very calmly that we had to stay of of Teacher's computer unless she gives us permission. He said he understood. Oy.

---------------------------------------------