Pages

.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

10-29-14 Bom Bom Bom, Coming and Going

11:50 AM

School festival was yesterday! It went well. I had to jerry-rig several supplies for my English quiz room, but the quiz went well and the kids and I had fun.

Then we all went to a giant gymnasium to have our performances. I was scheduled to sing and I did sing, but only the first verse and chorus of my song because I was so busy this week with work and church, I wasn't able to practice it. It's a spring song and I was singing it in fall, but it went over well: "Bom Bom Bom (Spring Spring Spring)" by Roy Kim.






3:20 PM Well, the boys are all thrilled with my singing performance. They've hollered their "bom bom boms" at me all day long and it's daaaarling.

Minjoonie, however, feels like I didn't sing for long enough. All I hear from any other child is "cute!" and "sweet voice" and "good singer!" and "best song!" but Minjoon said, "Teacher, song-uh very short-uh." He feels like he's been shortchanged because he was supposed to hear me sing the full deal.

Minjoon also wants me to transfer to the neighboring high school next year so that when he goes there, I'll still be his teacher. It's too sweet for words. I've decided that I'm sticking with this school through 2016, though, barring something unforeseen. I'm just comfortable here and I like living a quietish life.

I've been talking to the other teachers, getting a feel for who's staying around. KBR and JY want to leave in March, which will fairly devastate me because having JY in charge of the English department is the best thing ever, in my book.

My close friend SY is staying, though, as is my becoming-better-friend YSR, who chose to stay in this little town although she's still frustrated with her choice. I told her that maybe God wanted her to stay. I believe that the Lord puts us in contact with the people we need to be around.

I have to teach Saturday class, which I don't really want to do because it's my one morning to sleep in each week, now that I'm helping with preschool service at my church. But I had to fill in for a friend who had a surgery and JY-Teacher relies on me to get things done when it's hard to find other help. She's my person, and when she needs something I'll be there.

Classes are going fine. I've been playing scary (but not horrific) games with the kids all week because it's Halloween time, and they love it.

Took some selfies with Yeongchang and Jaehyung and sent them to my mom. Mommy wants more pictures lately, so I'm going to try to send them.
-------------------------------------------------------