Pages

.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

12-15-13 Photos of Dinner with Teacher-Friends

4 PM: And here are some pictures sent to me by TE-Teacher after our dinner on Thursday, the four of us girls chatting and bonding after work.

I told my mom, there are so many young, pretty female teachers at our school, it's like working in a rose garden. I was really intimidated by KBR-Teacher when I first got to school because she's lovely and classy and graceful. YSR-Teacher is also a classic beauty and she has a lot of admirers among the boys at school--Yeonghyo particularly loves her.

TE-Teacher was taking the pictures, but she finally got in one. She's beautiful, too, and is the only one of us who is married. While the ladies were discussing my "fans" among the boys, I was pointing out how much the kids love KBR-Teacher and they run to her with every little problem, and how they tell me about their crushes on YSR-Teacher. TE-Teacher then said that she "only has one fan"--her husband. But that's a pretty good thing to have, we all told her!


I feel especially grateful to TE-Teacher because she's the one who saw me on the street and invited me to dinner with everyone. How sweet.


Also, on Saturday, I got my nails done with Christmasy designs. My local nail shop can do anything--I showed them a picture of what I wanted, and they did a lovely job. I can barely talk with the ladies, but I use every Korean word I have, and in return they tell everyone that comes into the shop about "seonsaengim" and how old I am and how long I've been in Korea. They remember everything I've ever told them!